On October 21, 2017, the first ever National Catholic Women’s Conference was held under the umbrella of WINE: Women In the New Evangelization. The conference theme was “Drawn by Love: Sent on Fire” and the mission was to draw women ever deeper into the relationship of Love in which we were created—the heart of the Father, the Blessed Trinity, and to send them “on fire” with the passion and desire to live their faith with renewed confidence, conviction, and hope!
The conference brought dozens of women’s ministries and apostolates from around the country together to share their work, resources, offerings, and vision. It was a tremendous day which began with a powerful welcome by Archbishop Chaput and continued with Fr. Ubald calling down the Holy Spirit, asking the Spirit to be with us throughout the conference. The messages of our keynote speakers, Kelly Wahlquist, Kitty Cleveland, Sarah Christmyer, and Teresa Tomeo all beautiful wove together to create an unforgettable experience. Participants were also blessed by the praise and worship music of Amanda Vernon and a video testimony from Deb Hadley, a wonderful woman of WINE!
It was a joy-filled and Spirit-filled day in the vineyard! And now…
The seed has been planted and planning has begun for the next
National Catholic Women’s Conference in 2020!
The “vision”— 20,000 women gathering to praise the Lord in 2020! Details to come soon!
Here are some fun ways to recap the 2017 WINE: National Catholic Women’s Conference
- Sit back with a cup of tea, or a glass of vino, and check out the two wonderful articles about our time together—one from Archbishop Chaput about his message to us and one from the very talented, Angela Sanders, about the history and growth of WINE (something you are now part of!)
- Archbishop Chaput’s Column: Women in the New Evangelization
- Angela’s Article: National conference draws 1,200 faithful women to Doylestown
- Visit our photo gallery from the conference. Check out the pictures below and be sure to visit our photo album on our Facebook page. Feel free to share your photos too, and tag them with #winePhilly2017 #wineNCWC2017
- Watch “My Amazing Life” video by Deb Hadley and remember you too can have an amazing life and WINE is here to support, encourage, and nurture you along the journey to that amazing life!
To view more pictures, visit our Facebook Photo Album